Get Legal Help

Two women sitting together

If you live in King County:

If you live in King County and are looking for legal assistance, you may call 211 to be connected with services.

If you live outside of King County:

Northwest Justice Project logo

The Northwest Justice Project provides free legal assistance to eligible low-income individuals on priority civil legal problems in Washington State. If you live in any county other than King County, please contact the CLEAR legal aid hotline at 1-888-201-1014 weekdays between 9:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. PST to speak with someone about your legal problem. If you are 60 or over you may call CLEAR*Sr at 1-888-387-7111 regardless of income. You may also apply for assistance online at

If you live anywhere in Washington:

Washington Law HelpThe Washington Law Help website has a Legal Help Directory to help you find legal aid programs in Washington State.  The website also has many legal publications and self-help packets.


Washington State Bar Association Logo

The Washington State Bar Association has additional information about finding a lawyer, including how to access the Moderate Means Program connecting middle-income earners with lawyers who offer legal assistance at a reduced cost.